Homemade Pita Chips
Baked pita chips are so easy to make at home, and you can customize them with just about any herbs and spices in your pantry. Don't miss the recipe notes for some of our favorite flavor combinations!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 32 pita chips
- 4 large rounds pita bread
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- flaked sea salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
Cut each pita round into 8 wedges. For thin and extra crispy chips, use pita pockets and separate each wedge into two layers. For sturdier chips, use pocketless pita, or don't separate the layers.
Lightly brush each pita wedge on both sides with olive oil. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet (if your sheet is too small to accommodate all of the chips, split them between two pans). Sprinkle the tops with sea salt.
Bake until golden and crisp, turning the chips over once. For the thin, single layer chips, this will take from 6-10 minutes. For thicker chips, you'll need 10-15 minutes.*
Remove chips from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Chips will continue to crisp as they cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a few days.
*Baking times will vary by brand of pita, and the times provided are general guidelines. Start checking early to get a feel for the brand of pita bread you're using, as the chips can burn easily.
- Mediterranean Herb + Garlic: Stir 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, dried basil, and garlic salt into the olive oil.
- Smoked Paprika + Garlic: Stir 1/4 teaspoon each smoked paprika and garlic salt into the olive oil.
- Parmesan + Herb: Stir 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano and dried basil into the oil. Before baking, sprinkle the tops of each chip with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Brush the chips with melted butter instead of olive oil. Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Sprinkle the butter-brushed chips with the cinnamon sugar.
Calories: 26kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 9mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.1mg